The North Lakes
The Parish of St Bega, St Mungo and St Herbert in Keswick
(Worshipping in The Orthodox Church, Braithwaite, CA12 5SX )
The Orthodox Church was formerly the Old Methodist Chapel.
Services (updated 28th November 2023)
Please Note that the Christmas Day Divine Liturgy is early, at 09:30.
- Sunday 3rd December: Typica (SbDcn Richard)
- Sunday 10th December: Divine Liturgy [10:30] (Fr Christodoulos)
- Saturday 16th December: Great Vespers [18:30], (Fr Antonios)
- Sunday 17th December: Matins [08:00], Preparation of the H. Gifts, D. Liturgy [10:30] (Fr Antonios)
- Saturday 23rd December: Great Vespers [18:30], (His Grace Bishop Raphael, Fr Antonios, Fr Christodoulos)
- Sunday 24th December: Matins [08:00], Proskomedia, D. Liturgy [10:30] - (His Grace Bishop Raphael, Fr Antonios, Fr Christodoulos), Great Vespers:18:30 (Fr Antonios)
- Monday 25th December: Matins [07:00], Proskomedia, D. Liturgy [09:30]
- Tuesday 26th December: Baptism (FR Antonios)
You can always check with me (SbDcn Richard) about service times.
PLEASE DO NOT PARK ON THE GRASS.
It causes real distress to the local residents.
|Our Archbishop||Archbishop Nikitas of Thyateira and Great Britain||
|Our Bishop||Bishop Raphael of Ilion||
|Priest in charge||Archimandrite Antonios (Kakalis)||from Edinburgh|
|Deanery Senior Priest||Hegumen David (Gill)||from Nottingham|
|Visiting Priest||Protopresbyter Christodoulos (Fyles)||from Leyland|
|Sub-deacon and Webmaster||Richard Downing||0799 095 2358|
Read the letter of Archbishop Nikitas welcoming us under his omophorion.
Who are we?
Our parish is quite young, having been formed a few years ago when the Late Fr John Musther and his wife Presveytera Jenny-Bega moved to Keswick. Our parishioners come from many orthodox traditions, including Greek, Cypriot, Russian, Ukrainian, Romanian, as well as native British who have joined the orthodox communion. We do not represent any particular ethnicity but aim to present and support the ancient orthodox christian heritage for everyone.
If you are Orthodox, you will fit right in; if you are interested in Orthodoxy or if you would just like to join us for a service to see what we do, you will be warmly welcomed. We are familiy-friendly too.
We belong to the Deanery of Great Britain and Ireland, Now part of the Archdiocese of Thyateira and Great Bririan.
We are part of the Ecumentical Patriarchate. (but we celebate in English, not Greek or Slavonic)
The Late Archbishop Gabriel of Comana of Blessed Memory(behind the Icon of our Lord), his Heirodeacon Father Athanaz (in black cassock), our then priests Fathers John and Father Anthony (back to us), with visiting priest Father Christopher Wallace prepare before the Hierarchical Divine Liturgy, 6th May, 2012.